Friday, March 27, 2009

Country road

I love to go home, but whenever I think of the conditions of the road,it gives me creeps and put me off.My hometown is in Mukah,and the most convenient way is to go by road.Anyone who had traveled on the Mukah Selangau road can tell you that it is a notorious road,simply "horrible" beyond description.There are pot holes every where, some as big as our dinning tables,and they can be as deep as one to two feet.Just imagine a Kancil struggling on the road, or a ten tons lorry stranded with punctured tyres in the middle of no where?
Last Monday, I took a bus home,because dad and mum wished to see me, and I missed them too.The moment I boarded the bus, I knew the air condition was not working even though the bus ticket stated that the bus is air-conditioned.I was being compelled to travel in a bus, packed with sweaty bodies , under the merciless blazing sun.Eventually, when we were heading towards the "bad road", the warm air turned into stuffy ,smelly hot air,as the "should be condemned " poor old bus moaned heavily and fought desperately to move its heavy body, feet by feet on the dusty road at 12 noon.We, the passengers were being thrown and swayed from side to side, some banged their heads against the windows, whilst others screamed when they were thrown into the air.We were like,inside a washing machine.My goodness, my head started to throb and I felt dizzy.God, help us,I prayed.If this goes on, I am going to be half dead when I reach home, and I don't want my dear old parents to see me in this miserable and sorry state.
God was good and gracious, when I finished my prayer, I felt a stream of fresh cool air gushing down from the roof of the bus.There was one Malay man, who was clever and kind enough to open up the "top windows" of the bus.Deep in my heart, I was praising God for he had answered my prayer.Amazing, isn't it?Even at times like this, God tended to my needs.God, I love you, I whispered to him.
During the good old times, we could travel from Sibu to Mukah by air, paying only RM35 per trip,inclusive of airport tax, likewise from Mukah to Sibu we just paid RM30,no airport tax.Nowadays, we have no alternative but to travel by road or by boat.We would have thought our nation is progressing, Malaysia boleh,and that peoples lives should be improving. But look at us, we cannot even have assess to a decent tar sealed road.Is this too much to ask?We have been waiting for nearly 30 years.My mother used to be in her 60's,and now she has turned 90, does she has another 30 years? We are totally disappointed with the authority.An empty promise is just like a bounced cheque, it reflects the dishonesty and lack of integrity of the drawer. who would want a bounced cheque?

2 comments: